The University of California admissions decisions for Fall 2018 intake took lots of parents and students by surprise. Find out why this might be with Farrar, Jill, and Suji in this Musecast Monday podcast two-parter that focuses on how different college admissions are now from the time we were younger.
In Part 1, we explore:
- Why the UC applications scene is just so frustrating this year (2018).
- What makes the UC admission process so much more competitive now.
- What CA students should do to be more competitive.
- What to do if the quest to get these scores and grades are causing too much stress for your student.
- Applying to “safety” UC campuses.
- Applying to Cal State schools.
- Using community college to transfer to the UC schools.
Look out for Part 2 next week where we take the discussion nationwide with the trend for lower and lower acceptance rates at both selective and mid-tier colleges.
Soundtrack: Decca Harper
Post production: Tru Harper