Do you know other homeschoolers near you? Have your kids made friends who also homeschool? Do you spend a lot of time online on homeschool message boards looking for answers, camaraderie, and support?
This week, our muses Farrar, Jill, Shannon, and Suji regale us with tales of their homeschool communities and provide answers to the following questions:
- What’s the best/worst thing you’ve experienced in the homeschool community?
- Is it important to have homeschool friends?
- How do you make homeschool friends?
- Do you have to have a co-op? What are the pluses and drawbacks to co-ops?
- What do you do when there are no homeschoolers around?
- What do you do when the other homeschoolers have a radically different worldview than you?
- What about online communities?
Soundtrack: Decca Harper
Post production: Tru Harper